Reiki Therapists & Students of Spirit Sense
1. I abide by a vow of confidentiality. Any information that is discussed within the context of a Reiki session is confidential between the recipient and practitioner.
2. I aim to provide a safe and comfortable area and an empowering and supportive environment for sessions and classes.
3. I strive to treat recipients and students with the utmost respect and honor.
4. I work at having a pure, clear intention to offer my services for the highest healing.
5. I will provide a brief oral, written description, or SpiritSense’s link of what happens during a session and what to expect before a recipient’s initial session.
6. I will be respectful of all others’ Reiki views and paths.
7. I will educate my clients and students on the value of Reiki and explain that sessions do not guarantee a cure, nor are they a substitute for qualified medical or professional care. Reiki is one part of an integrative healing or wellness program.
8. If appropriate, I may suggest a consultation or referral for clients to qualified licensed professionals (medical doctor, licensed therapist, etc.) when appropriate.
9. I do not ever diagnose or prescribe. And, I never suggest that the recipient change prescribed treatment or interfere with the treatment of a licensed health care provider or another healer.
10. I am sensitive to the boundary needs of individual recipients and students.
11. I never ask recipients to disrobe (unless in the context of a licensed massage therapy session at the client’s option). I will never touch the genital area or breasts. If treatment is needed in an intimate area, I will practice distance, hands-off healing.
12. I am always working to create harmony and friendly cooperation between Reiki Practitioners from different schools and within my community so I may represent Spirit Sense Educational Center in a most professional manner.
13. I aim to act as a beacon in my community by doing the best job possible, using all my educational skills, degrees, licenses and communities of professional referral.
14. I will work to empower my students to heal themselves and to encourage and assist them in the development of their work with Reiki or their personal Reiki practices.
15. I will be actively working on my own healing through Reiki and in the physical care of my body so I can be fully present for my clients and students.
Spirit Sense and its’s Certified Reiki Practitioners, ReikiMasters, Teachers and GrandMasters strive to provide the highest quality Therapeutic experience and abide by Spirit Sense’s Code of Ethics.
Practitioners, Reiki Masters, Karuni Ki Reiki and Reiki GrandMasters
© by Spirit Sense On-Line Educational Center
November 11, 2011 Adopted
July 27, 2017 Edited
The creation of this Code of Ethics is a conscious undertaking by Spirit Sense to be self-responsible for upholding the values and statements of highest intention. This Code expresses the commitment of Spirit Sense and it’s Reiki Therapists, Masters and GrandMasters to use their knowledge, skills and art for the benefit of others, to intentionally do no harm, to respect students and clients and to honor ourselves and one another.
This Code clarifies basic principles of being in service as a Reiki Therapist and Educator. For those on this path, it may serve as a source for education & reflection and for self-evaluation, personal healing and healing with one another. For the public, this Code may serve to establish expectations for an ethical practice of Reiki Therapists, Masters and GrandMasters.