The ART of Reiki
Reiki Level 2
Nicole Newsom Reiki Master/Teacher
www. SpiritSenseLLC .com
Reiki Level II
Energetic Care for Others & Distance Healing
- What has happened since Reiki Level I class?
- How have you used your Reiki?
- Any Thoughts or Feelings around the 21-Day Cleansing?
- Review Reiki Level 1 Self Work: Protection Bubble, Self Intention, Crystal, Rainbow (nurtures & feeds), Golden Bubble, Sky Blue Bubble
- Reiki Level 2 Work on Another & Distance Healing
- Working with Another (Family Member, Friend, Pet)
- Distance Healing (in general and at your option pendulum and crystal grid)
VI. CHAKRAS [Aura, Meridans]
- Tools to check the Energies of the Body
- Intuitive senses
- Scanning with the Mind’s eye
- Scanning with hand chakra
- Other Spiritual Gifts (hearing, seeing, touching, knowing, etc.)
- Tools to Balance the Body
- Pendulum [with crystal]
- Crystals [as meditation stones & chakra stones]
- Crystal Grids
- Essential Oils (Spray Mists)
- Flower Essences (emotions)
◦ Hon-Sha-Ze-Sho-Nen – Distance healing symbol ◦ Benefits of Reiki
○ Reiki Steps for Working on Another ◦ Crystal Grid 101
○ Recipient Benefits: Physical, Mental, Emotional & Spiritual ◦ Code of Ethics for the Reiki
○ Chakra/Aura Body Picture* Practitioner
○ Chakra Basics endocrine glands/nerve plexus*
○ 21-Day Reiki-2 Daily Journal
○ 21-Day Cleansing after each Attunement
REIKI CLIFF NOTES:
1. Reiki Level 1 – Focuses on Physical Healing and Self Healing
a.We must cleanse & heal ourselves before we can be of benefit to others.
b.21-30 days of self-reiki opens and locks in the attunement.
(you may receive an additional attunement during a healing treatment)
c.R-1 Attunement is like turning on a 3-way bulb to just the lowest setting.
d.The aura and chakras have their first cleansing release.
e.Reiki energy may be used on our self, our food, plants, homes & work
- Reiki Level 2 – Focuses on Healing at the mental and emotional levels.
a.Heals past lives
b.Assists with addictions and negative thinking patterns.
d.Sending Reiki to someone around the world or just across the room.
e.Healing our earlier years, situations in this life
and/or if it fits your belief system:
as well as our ability to heal our past lives (karma)
f.R-2 Attunement-the lamp is turned on to the next level of wattage & light
- Reiki Level 3 – Advanced Reiki Training (3-classes)
a.Part 1 Focuses on Health and Healing on the Spiritual level.
The last two symbols are taught. The advanced level of Attunement is received and
the student is now a complete conduit for fine and light electrical energy.
b.Part 2 Focuses on Reiki as a business in the Holistic Healing field. The student may
apply for an additional 50-additional hours of “Reiki hands-on” advanced training.
c.Part 3 Focuses on becoming a Teacher of Reiki
Spirit Sense offers additional classes to expand your knowledge in:
Crystals and Crystal Grids – When you leave this class, you will know which stones to use for physical, mental and emotional ailments and how to manifest positive situations in relationships, environment, money and finances and much more.
Chakra 101 – Goes more in depth of what is a chakra, how does it help you when you balance your own chakras or another’s. How having a blocked Chakra can also block you from your goals and dreams. You will learn how to clear and align the Chakras using Reiki, crystals & crystal grids for the body, pendulum, essential oils and flower essences.
Spirit Spray Mists – How to blend essential oil in a spray mist for enjoyment of the senses, to clear out negative energy from the aura of the body and the aura of the home.
Healing our Animal Friends – How to communicate and work with animals in our life whether it be our pet, a neighbor’s or the squirrel outside the window. I have used Reiki on cats, dogs, horses and wildlife. It is great fun to have a positive affect on another species.
SPECIAL NOTE(s): One student asked me if there was a need for receiving Reiki from a Reiki Master to help with issues after receiving the Reiki Level I Attunement. I want to clarify that self-Reiki is very helpful and healing but it only heals at the level of where the student is at that time. In time the student’s level of healing energy and life force, with additional Attunements and practice, will match that of the Reiki Master’s. But in the meantime, it is recommended to continue receiving treatments for any current issue. The great thing is that now that you have been Attuned, your personal Reiki sessions also include directions in your personal use of Reiki for your specific issue.
At the completion of this Reiki Level II class, please remember that you are only energetically prepared to work on Friends and Family members that do not have any serious illnesses. Reiki Level III, Parts 1 & 2, which are two classes taken together, will prepare your with the advanced level attunement, the protections you will need psychically and legally, and if you choose the complete information needed to operate a business using Reiki.
Critical Legal Information: (1) You cannot diagnose anyone. Regardless of what you see or sense during a session, please be aware that there are legal issues to keep in mind. You absolutely cannot diagnose anyone, nor can you contradict a diagnosis that they have been given. If you do that you can be at risk for accusations of practicing medicine without a license. Informing the recipient of Reiki energy that you think that they have a certain ailment or malady is illegal. Now with that said, you may describe what an area looked or felt like and that you urge him or her to get a physician’s evaluation. (2) You must always ask permission to touch someone before you administer Reiki. There is a thinking that in an abundance of caution, no one should touch their client during a Reiki session, unless you are a licensed healthcare professional, so as not to incur any legal complications. If this is a concern for you, you can use the distance healing technique (3rd symbol) and work in the aura above the body of the person you are sending Reiki. [and, of course, this goes without saying: you should never place your hands on anyone’s groin or on a woman’s breasts.]
Ethics & Permission: Always ask permission before sending Reiki energy. You may ask directly face-to-face or call them on the phone (for distance healing). If there is a situation where the recipient is unconscious just ask the client psychically or intuitively. By that I mean to sit for just a moment, the same way you do in prayer or meditation, and mentally ask that person for permission in your mind. Then listen and feel. You will get a “feeling” that it is not okay or that the energy is accepted.
You might ask: Why is it necessary to ask permission if Reiki can never do any harm?” That is a great question. And it is a two-fold answer: (1) If we send Reiki to someone and they do not want it, the Reiki will not go to that person, it honors their wishes and desires; (2) If you have an intuitive gift and the person does not want the Reiki, your gift might reach out to honor your desires to help and then you have opened yourself up to that person’s issues and illnesses. What that means is that you could possibly energetically catch what that person has. They will feel better but at your expense; (3) It empowers the recipient of Reiki energy in their healing by giving them the power to say “yes” or “no” to a treatment.
Distance Healing Sysbol
Received in Reiki Level 2 Attunement
Hon-Sha-Ze-Sho-Nen (pronounced: Hon-Sha-Zee-Show-Nen) is called the Distance Healing Symbol (or Connection symbol).
The purposes of this Reiki symbol are:
This symbol can be used to send healing energies: over a distance; to someone in another city, to another paert of the world, to some future event or a past issue.
PLEASE NOTE: Distance healing does not take nearly as long as a hands-on-treatment. You only need a few minutes to send distance healing.
Attunement = Initiation = Empowerment
Reiki Steps for Working on Another
- PREPARE THE ROOM
- Self-activate the Reiki symbols: room, table, aura
- Call in Reiki Master and Guides to assist you and protect you during session.
- Ask if Recipient has had Reiki before, if not, explain the process
- Have him/her lay down on a massage table (or sit in a chair), ask if s/he gets cold and have a light blanket ready
- PREPARE YOURSELF
- If you forgot to activate symbols into your aura for yourself, do it now.
- Circle: encircle yourself, then your recipient, then both of you (remember infinity symbol)
- Start at the recipient’s crown chakra, activate the Reiki symbols tapping three times into the Crown chakra after each symbol.
- Go through the pattern with the recipient face up [3-5min. each position]
- Turn Recipient over
- Re-Activate the Reiki symbols [see “A” above] with the Recipient face down
- Go through the pattern [3-5 min. each position]
- Close and shut off energy with the “Spiral” technique
- Release excess energy from yourself with the “Dry Release” technique.
- Have the Recipient gently sit up
1.While Recipient there:
a. ask how he/she feels,
b. what sensations, if any, s/he felt, [s/he should feel lighter]
c. remind her/him that the Reiki session will continue to work 21-30 days and
s/he needs to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day during this time.
d. then, have her/him slowly get off the table.
- FOLLOW-UP WITH RECIPIENT
1. Call, text or email Recipient the following day [or a couple of days later] to see how feeling, or if Recipient prefers have them contact you directly.
BENEFITS OF REIKI
Physical Benefits of Reiki
- Reiki works on all chronic and acute illnesses, including serious problems like heart disease and cancer as well as skin problems, flu, fatigue, headaches, and back pain.
- First Aid (as it speeds up healing).
- Reduction in pain and nausea after allopathic treatments such as chemotherapy or surgery.
- Your body being more fully prepared for surgery, including using less anesthesia & short recovery time.
- Tissue regeneration to replace scars and burns.
- Lessening of arthritis pain, stiffness, and increased ease of movements.
- Improved circulation to reduce swelling from many causes (injury, surgery).
- Balancing of the organs and glands and their bodily functions.
- A lessening and relieving of symptoms of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and other auto immune diseases.
- Strengthened immune system, and improved capacity of your body’s ability to clear toxins.
- Supports pregnancy and childbirth, and afterwards. Many women report painless childbirth.
Mental Benefits of Reiki
- Your mind becomes calmer.
- Improved memory.
- Enhanced creativity.
- Help Contacting the “healer within” and relief from emotional upset, anxiety and depression.
- Restful sleep with more vivid dreams during sleep.
- You think clearer and you can “see” clearer.
- Increased self-confidence. You will be able to know the answers to your own questions.
- Enhanced personal awareness
Emotional Benefits of Reiki
- Deep relaxation, the mind calms and becomes less erratic.
- Eases depression, insomnia, lack of confidence, addiction and fear-based illnesses.
- Increased intuition, and creativity
Spiritual Benefits of Reiki
- Increased intuition and creativity leads to a more purposeful direction in life.
- Feel more connected and in tune with others and the universe.
- Unfolding of your natural gifts: clairvoyance, clairsentience, claircognizance, etc.
Chakra Basics The seven energy centers, or chakras that we are focusing on here include the base, sacral/creative, solar plexus, heart, throat, brow or third eye and crown chakras. These centers of energy function as valves which regulate the flow of energy through our subtle energy system. Chakras function based on choices we make regarding our responses to circumstances, situations and relationships in our life. The functional quality of our chakras is dictated by the decisions we make regarding how we think and the way we respond to what we feel.
Chakras are non-physical in the sense that many people are unable to perceive them with their physical eyes. They are rapidly vibrating vortices of light, and elements of consciousness that interface with our energy bodies and are integral parts of our etheric field. Each chakra vibrates to a specific color, and musical note.
It is through the endocrine and nervous systems that our chakras “communicate” with our physical body.
Each of the seven basic chakras influence the condition of one of the seven endocrine glands, and also with a grouping of nerves known as the plexus. The plexus is divided into three subgroups, the lower, middle and upper nerve plexus. The lower nerve plexus communicates directly to our reproductive organs. The middle nerve plexus located in the area of the solar plexus chakra, controls the functioning of our heart and lungs. The upper nerve plexus in the brain is the source of all our cognitive abilities as well as our endocrine, neural, and muscular functions.
Therefore, each chakra can be related with specific parts of the body and the functions which are controlled by the associated plexus or endocrine gland.
Each chakra also interfaces with our mental and emotional body, and affects how we think, feel and act.
21-Day Reiki-2 Daily Journal Starting date:_______________
Remember to continue your daily work on self and start working on others at a distance or in person. Make notes on what your experience of the session and then check in with your partner and note their experience of the session. Before bed release the day’s energy and have peaceful sleep at night.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Should the Reiki be too intense your recipient (or you) of the energy, please tell them that they control the energy and have them visualize it lessening by turning the water facet down. You can always contact me with any questions.
21-Day cleansing after each Attunement
After a Reiki attunement, your bodies, both physical and energetic, will become acclimated to the new energy you are working with in a twenty-one day period.
The physical body has spent years gradually stiffening, collecting blocks, and storing toxins that it wasn’t able to eliminate right away. As Reiki flows through your body, it will start releasing some of these blocks. As body cells vibrate at a faster rate, they will expel some of the toxins they have stored. As body cells vibrate faster, they will loosen and allow circulation into places it has bypassed for some time. All of this puts new demands on the body’s systems of balance. The cleansing process can take the form of increased elimination: through the bowels, which may loosen, or through mucus, which may increase in the nasal passages, or through the skin where you may sweat more or slough off more cells. Realize that these processes are natural and temporary and that they herald a new level of wellness.
During this time you may also experience detoxification on mental and emotional levels. You may have memories come up to be dealt with and released. This is a natural part of healing. It is like your healing has gone into an accelerated mode for three weeks. You may find that you want to do a physical house or office cleaning. This will help change and improve the energies of your home and office.
Try to meet what comes with openness and acceptance; you will be healthier in the long run. You can benefit from keeping a journal during this process. It can be very healing to open to your inner wisdom. Observe yourself with detached compassion. You will learn a lot about yourself and be able to let go of unwanted and negative emotions.
You can do a lot of healing while you sleep; your dreams will have a lot to teach you at this time. Consider leaving a notebook by your bed each night and suggesting to yourself that you will remember your dreams. Over the three weeks, you will find your memory of your dreams will improve, and you will have a new and powerful tool on your healing journey.
Some sources suggest that during this time, adjustments cycle through each chakra every three days, starting at the root and working up. Use any of the centering exercises to establish a habit of grounding and centering yourself.
Take very good care of yourself on all levels. Try to eat a healthy diet. Drink lots of water to help flush your body out. Try to extricate yourself from contentious situations and spend some time each day in meditation or quiet, peaceful contemplation.
Let go of any unwanted emotions. Feed your soul with beauty: listen to music, engage in any creative hobbies that you enjoy, and try to spend some time each day in the healing beauty of nature. Now is the time to establish and renew healthy and healing habits.
And now you have Reiki to help you through the process. Make a point of giving yourself Reiki daily. If you can’t manage a full self-session each day, do what you can; I suggest that you put your hands on your body as you fall asleep, asking that the energy will work with you as you sleep. Get plenty of rest. Be gentle with yourself.
Benefits of Reiki
Effects and benefits of Reiki on you and the recipient of Reiki.
- Reiki Balances and works on four levels of existence: Physical, Emotional, Mental & Spiritual
- Reiki Supports the body’s natural ability to heal itself
- Reiki vitalizes both body and soul
- Reiki balances the body’s energy
- Reiki balances the body’s emotions
- Reiki increases your awareness (of self, others, universe, etc.)
- Reiki increases creativity and mental ability
- Reiki adjusts itself according to the needs of the recipient
- Reiki cleanses the body of toxins and unwanted thought patterns
- Reiki releases stress and promotes a state of total relaxation
- Reiki may cause some initial discomfort because the body starts healing at a faster rate
- Reiki energetically charges the practitioner and the recipient at the same time
- The more you practice – the stronger the energy will be that flows through your hands and body
LEVEL 1 & 2 HEALING PRACTICES:
Record your observations in your 21-Day Journal for each self-Reiki session. Mindful practice, in which you observe and record all sensations you experience, it will help you recognize the sensations that are consistent. You can then begin to connect these sensations to meaning. If you have a headache and while you are working on yourself or another you experience a certain feeling/tingle, or see a particular color, write it down. That tingle or color might be your intuitive signal for pain. When you work on another person and see the same color or feeling then you can ask the person if they have a headache. By observing what you experience, you are learning the language of your intuition.
Self-Healing Notes: It’s okay if you fall asleep during a Reiki healing on yourself. Do self healing at least once a day, any time of day, anywhere you have about five minutes or just activate the energy and go. The energy will stop on its own when it’s finished.
Self-Healing Notes for Journaling:
Location (e.g. outdoors, indoor, in the car, in bed, etc.)
Duration of session:
Before the session I felt:
During the session I observed:
Afterward, I felt:
REIKI teaches REIKI
The more you work with the energy, you develop a personal relationship with it. It teaches you about yourself, your needs and it feeds your soul in the process. 🙂
One special way I work with the energy is to activate the energy and place my hands over my heart and breath – it’s lovely. I highly recommend it. . . . also set an intention for your session.
“Our intention creates our reality.” – Wayne Dyer
Crystal grid 101
All the crystals (aka stones) within the Earth can be thought of as being elements of a huge grid. Stone structures at centers of spiritual energy such as Stonehenge and medicine wheels are also sometimes called stone grids. Some people call the layouts of crystals which are sat within or placed around and over the body, grids.
Grids (aka layouts, energy grids, webs or nets) of crystals are a resonant means of accessing particular energy states by the use of prescribed patterns of crystals or gemstones laid on and/or around a body or specified space. Most are simple yet incredibly powerful. “Less is more” it is not useful to make grids too complex, or the energies become muddled and confused.
A popular crystal grid is the star of David. The star of David crystal grid uses six crystals in a pattern so that six of them are placed at the points of a hexagon with termination points pointed inward. In this form, you have created a large etheric crystal. You can use the star of David crystal grid to move into higher state of consciousness, you can use it for enhancing deep state of meditation, visualization and inter-dimensional journeying (astral projecting or remote viewing), and Reiki healing for yourself or another.
Every single crystal has an energy influence, but when we use crystals in a grid we find that each crystal’s innate energy pattern may be modified and/or amplified through the influence of other stones around it. When laid out (with intent) in a pattern, they form a single coherent energy pattern or signature that is strong enough to override other energy signatures or patterns that surround us. By overriding “background” energy influences a grid’s specific energy resonance is easily accessible by the body, permitting: a strong clear signal to be set-up and absorbed by the physical body for innately understood self-healing or adjustments to take place on the physical level; a strong clear signal to be set-up that will disrupt and breakdown patterns of negative energy within the auric field, which may be adversely affecting the mind, emotions or body;
a specific resonance to be set-up to allow easier awareness of or access to specific energy patterns that exist elsewhere in the multi-dimensional Universe; and/or a specific resonance to be set-up that supports the soul-body and allows it to travel inter-dimensionally or simply extend its reality and the users conscious awareness out from the physical body more easily.
By aligning the crystal into a geometric form, the crystals will form in the center of the form a pillar of light, it is with this energy field that you will work. Beginners should not spend more than fifteen minutes inside a crystal grid. Some advanced people have built crystal grids under their bed, but it is not recommend, if you are new to this, you may not support the energy generated by the pillar of light.
Crystal grids can absorb imbalanced energies and are excellent tool for healing but as always you should clear the crystals before you work with them.
CODE OF ETHICS FOR THE REIKI PRACTITIONERS
- Abide by a vow of confidentiality. Any information that is discussed within the context of a Reiki session is confidential between the recipient and practitioner.
- Provide a safe and comfortable area for sessions or classes and work to provide an empowering and supportive environment for recipients.
- Always treat recipients and students with the utmost respect and honor.
- Have a pure and clear intention to offer your services for the highest healing good of the recipient.
- Provide a brief oral or written description of what happens during a session and what to expect before a recipient’s initial session.
- Be respectful of all others’ Reiki views and paths.
- Educate recipients on the value of Reiki and explain that sessions do not guarantee a cure, nor are they a substitute for qualified medical or professional care. Reiki is one part of an integrative healing or wellness program.
- Suggest a consultation or referral for recipients to qualified licensed professionals (medical doctor, licensed therapist, etc.) when appropriate.
- Never diagnose or prescribe. Never suggest that the recipient change prescribed treatment or interfere with the treatment of a licensed health care provider.
- Be sensitive to the boundary needs of individual recipients and students.
- Never ask recipients to disrobe (unless in the context of a licensed massage therapy session at the client’s option). Do not touch the genital area or breasts. Practice hands-off healing of these areas if treatment is needed.
- Be working to create harmony and friendly cooperation between Reiki Practitioners in the community and represent Spirit Sense and other schools in a most professional manner.
- Act as a beacon in your community by doing the best job possible.
- Work to empower your clients to heal themselves.
- Be actively working on your own healing to embody and fully express the essence of Reiki in everything that you do. Not only through Reiki but in physical care of your body.
Spirit Sense’s Certified Reiki Practitioners, Masters and Teachers strive to provide the highest quality Reiki experienced and abide by its Code of Ethics.